Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year, New Adventures!

2013 seems like it's full of promise, and I can't wait to see what it will bring! New friends as I continue to settle in to my new city and new church, new lessons as I start out a new term, new things to see and do and try in my first prairie (foothills?) winter... I'm looking forward to it!

2012 was crazy. The first half and the last half could not have been more different.  Terrible descending to awful, and then exciting rising to awesome (with a whole lot of prayer and crying and working things through in between)!  Oy vey!

Classes last term went well, and I learned SO much!  (I also learned that my friends and profs are right - five masters classes is insane!).  I'll have to work out some major themes that came out of the term at some point, but for now: I took Leadership, Interpreting Scripture, Letters of Paul, Into to Theology, and Evangelism and Discipleship.  It was most definitely a full term, but I don't regret it! (My low level anxiety as I look at my classes this term, however, might have something to do with the fact that I  now know what I'm getting myself into! Last term I was just blissfully ignorant!)

On the roster for this term: Intro to New Testament, Cross-Cultural Church Planting, Missions in Global Perspective, Cultural Anthropology, and maybe Expository Preaching.  I really want to take that one, but I have to leave myself time to breathe, work, and keep doing my AIM prepwork and communication, too! EEKS!  We'll see how it goes!  And I want to get back into photography and blogging again! I've so missed my creative outlets... I'm a little rusty in both, but definitely want to dive back in!  Who knows, I might even find some West Coast Swing in all this, too! (er... in all my spare time!)

2013, bring it on!

No comments: