Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Now with more "Africa!"

Woohoo! I got the new template done! Turns out I could do it myself quite easily, with some technical advice from my friend Paul! (Thanks, Paul!!!)

Since a few people have asked, I thought I'd tell about the photo... Yes, it's me! It's in Kalacha, where we went for our prayer retreat a few weeks ago (ak! Yes, I know, I'm so behind on blog posts/journals about what I've done!). I went for a walk early early in the morning with a few other ladies - we left before the sun rose and walked out into the desert a ways to watch it come up. Turns out that day we watched the sun rise, the moon set, the sun set and the moon rise. Pretty amazing!

Anyway, like Korr, Kalacha is windy, windy, windy, so the fabrics we had wrapped around us were fluttering and blowing everywhere. My friend Barara and decided to take some photos of us dancing around in the wind and the sunrise, and this was one of the results.

So... welcome to my more "African feeling" blog! hehe!

5 comments:

Jean said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful.

Kris said...

That picture looks like it should be in National Geographic or something! Wow!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

You AND your template rock!