Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breathe, Hillary. Just breathe...

I was driving to the fam's house last night for our annual tree trimming festivities and was thinking about my trip. Right now, psychologically, I'm still in full work mode, kind of oblivious that Christmas is coming, still have to organize, pack, and clean my house (and find a subletter! eek! I'm getting worried!), buy a whole bunch of stuff, pack, yadda yadda yadda. Going to Africa really seems like a long ways away.

But then I realized that it's not.

I fly out THREE WEEKS TOMORROW.

Yep, there it is again - the chest constricting, the shortness of breath... Let's see, what was I doing three weeks AGO? Right. That might as well have been yesterday. And three weeks from NOW? That might as well be the day before tomorrow!

Insert massive panic attack here!!!

Go away for a while. Make a sandwich or something while I regain my composure. Oh wait, that's not gonna happen because I'M MOVING TO AFRICA IN THREE WEEKS!!!!! *Gasp!* *Wheeze!*


In other news, as of last night, I now have $8615 of my required $11,300. I began my official fundraising TEN DAYS ago. Amazing. Even AIM said they were shocked at the result of the fundraiser. Woohoo! God is good!

I've updated my little pie there on the sidebar to reflect the current amount! I love watching that grey disappear! (or watching the pac man grow, as Shelli put it when she was doing a similar fundraising endeavor! I always think of that, Shelli! hehe!)

But now... off to do a million things! I kinda feel like I have so much to do, I don't even know what I have to do! It's list time, baby. Oh yeah!

*Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

1 comment:

anne said...

Woo!!! I'm so excited for you!! :)