Monday, September 01, 2008

How to give

Want to know how to contribute to my trip? Here are three ways...

Africa Inland Mission is a registered charity, so all gifts are tax recieptable
My budget, $11,300, has already been met (and exceeded!!!). However, any extra that is in my account will be used to support the ministry that I am participating in over the next seven months. Some ideas I am researching are buying supplies or books for the school and/or helping with a food aid program for the area I will be working in. So, if you are still thinking of contributing, it's not too late, and your gift will be put to good use here in Kenya!

1. One-time gifts - simply mail your cheque to the appropriate address listed below. Please enclose a separate note indicating that the gift is from me. Something like "Donation for Canadian short term missionary Hillary U" would be sufficient. All cheques should be made out to Africa Inland Mission, with my name appearing nowhere on the actual cheque itself.

2. Post-dated cheques - Sometimes people wish to split up their giving, whether monthly, once now and once later, etc. AIM requests that I meet my budget before I leave, but if they receive post-dated cheques, they will accept the total amount of the post-dated cheques as fulfilling the budget requirements. If you would rather give this way, mail your post-dated cheques to the appropriate address listed below. As with one-time gifts, please enclose a separate note indicating that the gift is for me.

3. Pre-authorized withdrawals - If you would like to take advantage of this option for regular monthly giving, please send a voided cheque to AIM and a separate note indicating that the gift is for me. The note also needs to include the following information: the amount you would like withdrawn each month, your full name and address, whether you want the withdrawals to begin on the 1st or the 15th of each month, and the start and end date of your contributions.


Thank you for your support!

Addresses:

In CANADA:
Africa Inland Mission Int.
1641 Victoria Park Ave.
Scarborough, ON M1R1P8

In the US:
Africa Inland Mission Int.
P.O. Box 178
Pearl River, NY 10965
* be sure to indicate that I am a short term missionary out of the Canadian office *

In EUROPE:
Aim International
Halifax Place
NOTTINGHAM
NG1 1QN
* be sure to indicate that I am a short term missionary out of the Canadian office *

No comments: