Friday, June 13, 2008

Come on over!

Welcome! It's Friday evening, thanks for comin' over! Come on in, sit down. Can I get you a drink? Tea? Hot chocolate? Something cold? Sorry, I don't have a coffee maker... but I made some treats for us - take one (or three!), enjoy...


OK, readers! This post is all about YOU! I'm away for the weekend, so I'm hoping the interesting stuff in this post will be in the comments. After coming back from Rita Lihaven's memorial yesterday, I've had a lot on my mind, but one of those things is that, even though I only knew her for a short time, she is a woman who has inspired me, and who I look up to very much. In the comments, I'd love to hear about a person in your life who has had a big impact on your life, who has inspired you, who you look up to. Who are they? Why have they been influential?

Thanks for coming over! Feel free to stay as long as you want. If you run out of strawberries, there are more in the fridge! ;)

_______________
PS. What looks like a gross drippy stain beside my door (yukkers!)? Yeah, that's a windchime.

3 comments:

sarah cool said...

MMMMMMMM!!! I am having some of these tonight, as a matter of fact! Dinner party at my house... cilantro lime carnitas tacos, homemade salsa & guac, mexican rice, and my friends are bringing dessert... which includes chocolate strawberries YUM!!!!!!!! After seeing this picture, I cannot WAIT for them to arrive!

okay, big impact person.... would be Taylor. When I feel overwhelmed by the world's advice or the world's standards or by the many mixed messages I receive every day - I know that I can turn to her for truth. She's a little bit of God with skin on to me. I love how He works through both of us to encourage the other. I am truthful when I say that I don't think I could have made it through the last 7 years without her. When I hit rock bottom, her words have lifted me out of the pit. I thank God for her!

AfricaBleu said...

First of all, I love that pic of your front door. Amazing, and very welcoming. Secondly, I couldn't taste the strawberries--cyber eating, while very low in calories, doesn't afford much pleasure in the taste bud arena. But thanks for the gesture (and throwing a craving on me).

To answer your question, though, I always remember my sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Noden, who rescued a homesick little boarding school girl from loneliness and made her bloom. She's the reason I decided that I was very good at English (and I have the masters degree to prove it) and the reason I know how to answer the phone properly. Etiquette is everything, my dears—EVERYTHING. I've said it once, I'll say it again: !viva la teachers!! (Yourself included.)

Melissa said...

I really like that picture of your front door too!

-and now I want chocolate covered strawberries. I really need to make fondue.