Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I am one in spirit with the Lord

But [she] who unites [her]self with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:17

One in spirit. What exactly does that mean? I will love the things God loves, weep over the things he weeps over, be angered as he is over injustice, then be moved to action. I will love the people around me no matter who they are, show mercy, be generous. I will be quick to forgive, for heaven only knows I am forgiven for failing at all of these.

1 comment:

nachtwache said...

Amen. How hard it is to do some of those things on our own. Corrie ten Boom wrote about being asked for forgiveness by a former Nazi concentration guard following one of her presentations. She didn't feel forgiving at all but forced her arm to move up and shake the outstretched hand, as she did, God filled her with the feeling of forgiveness. What an awesome God we have!