Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why yes, I WOULD like some cheese with my whine

I am soooo freaking TIRED. I was tired at the end of May. I was ready for a holiday. Then came the marathon report card season. Then I got to try to muster up the energy for summer school. I haven't even blogged about it... meh. I'm teaching grade 4-7 math in the mornings, with 7 kids (woohoo!) and grade 1-3 reading and writing in the afternoon. Twelve kids. I counted today and realized that I was at the halfway point to summer school being over. You'd have thought I would be happy. Actually, it was incredibly depressing. ONLY HALFWAY????? Holy cow. I need to sleeeep. For a very very long time. I can't even really do anything to take advantage of summer in the evenings cause I've been up since 5:15am for bootcamp and have Z-E-R-O energy left after that and a full day of teaching, and have to be up again early the next day. Yoikes.

BUT. Bootcamp. So awesome. The early mornings are kicking my butt, but said butt (and rest of me) have come a long way since I started. I have muscles! Woohoo! And? Three more days and I'm done... and I can sleep in in the mornings (you know it's bad when you're looking forward to being able to sleep IN till 6:30!) Sah-WEET!

So. Bootcamp: three days left. Summer school: seven teaching days left. Me: Hanging on by a thread.

Come oooon, vacation!

....... Why the heck aren't I sleeping right now???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Almost vacation time! Oh, and....I want a full report on this boot camp thing. Very curious.

Unknown said...

And no pictures of boot camp? Or said muscles? Come on!

Anonymous said...

firstly, this is quite possibly one of your best blog post titles ever. I hear a good goiter cheese goes well with whine...

secondly, pictures of the muscles is an excellent suggestion!

thirdly, we're going on vacation sooooooon!!!

Hillary said...

Ah, the goiter cheese. I still have to put that pic up, don't I?

And re: pictures of the muscles - uhm.... no! While I see a difference, I have no "before" pictures, so I really don't want to put up pics of wussy little muscle bumps without anything to compare it to! There's nothing worse than going, "Hey! Look! I have muscles!" and having the entire internets go, "Uhm, where?"

Heh

And wooooyes! I am counting the days till we leave for Ontari-ari-ario. (8!)

Jean said...

You are a very good trapeesist (can they be called that?) in that your thread hasn't broken yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on sticking with the boot camp. I am planning to start a modified boot camp-- modified because is it is only 2 mornings a week. I don't think I could handle 5 early mornings, plus I have to switch all my shifts around so I can make the classes, which works for 2 a week, but not 5!