Monday, June 25, 2007

Boot Camp Day One

I survived!

Hehe. Well, today was just an evaluation day, mostly. We did measurements (*shiver*) and fitness testing - how many push ups in a minute, how many sit ups, how long can you hold a plank position, a timed 1km run, etc. - then we did an upper body workout. Ho-lee. My arms are like jello. Don't ask me to lift anything. Like, at all. Not even a pencil. Owchie. Oh man, I'm such a wuss.

BUT! That's why I'm there! I got to school super early (boot camp is only about 5 blocks from work), had a quick breaky, and now have almost an hour to get stuff done in my classroom. Contrast that to last week when I was arriving five minutes before the bell. IF that.

Woohoo! I feel great! Er, we'll see how I feel after Friday. THAT might be a wee bit different!

And Sarah, camping stories and pictures will be forthcoming! Probably not till tomorrow. Suffice it to say, it was AWESOME.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Way to go, you! I wonder if I can somehow osmotically absorb the benefits of your exercise just by reading about it on your blog...

Anonymous said...

Good luck, you brave soul!

sarah cool said...

I want to see before and after pictures of you flexing your muscles, girl!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you for taking the plunge and DOING this!

Kaz said...

Yay for you! *oo-oo-oo-oo* (supposed to be like an Arsenio Hall "oo")