Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's half FULL, dangit, half FULL!

I'm getting kinda sick of seeing that video up on top of my blog, but I really can't think of much to say. What? Hillary speechless?

How about this... stay tuned for pictures of pretty much the best science experiment ever. Um, well, there's nothing exactly scientific about it, but it will be good for teaching my kidlets a lesson. And it will be gross. Even better.

Speaking of those kidlets... while writing my reports (still ongoing...) I came accross a few kids for whom I just have nothing to say. Yeah, that's right. I said "for whom." Point is, every time I go to try to write the little personal comment at the beginning of their report, my brain comes up blank. "So and so is a cheerful... nope... friendly... um, not particulary... polite... umm... hard working... heck no.... ah ha! 'energetic.' That's one of those words that is good-but-kinda-not-really-but-still-is-ok. Yay! That'll work.... oh crap! That's what I said last term!"

I feel terrible that I can't think of something positive/personal to say about some of these kids. It's only one or two, and it's really not that there's nothing good to say about them. I just can't seem to put it into words. Arg!

Which kinda leads me to my next thought, I suppose, which is that I feel like I've been a little miss grumpy-puss lately and it's starting to affect how I see things. I need to start whistling that little Monty Python diddy again: "Always look on the briiiight side of life! Doo doot, do-doot do-doot do-doot!"

So... starting right now, here are three things that made me smile today:

1. I noticed for the first time this year that glorious strip of cherry blossom trees that stand up against the backdrop of the North Shore Mountains on my way to work. In the mroning, the sun is on them, and it's bee-oot-i-ful!

2. I got a lovely email this evening from Pam, one of the other grade 5 teachers in my school. She astounds me with the amount of kindness and caring and generosity she showers on people every single day. I am SO grateful to have a co-worker like that. She is incredible. (and no, she won't see this)

3. One of my kids totally made me giggle today when he gave me a box full of Easter chocolate as a little gift. "Full" of course, being a bit of an overstatement. What it actually was was a leftover box from some chocolate easter creatures that he got and promptly ate, then tossed 4 or 5 little chocolate eggs - you know the ones, all wrapped in foil? - inside to rattle around on the bottom. He gave it to me, then said, "Uh, yeah, sorry, I ate the real ones.... but those eggs are good, too." Ha! He cracked me up!

3 comments:

nachtwache said...

Kids, gotta love 'em. Would challenging be too critical? Curious? Testing the limits. Free thinker, marching to his/her own drum. Good luck with those report cards; and happy Easter! He is risen!

Jean said...

It's the thought that counts...right? :) How sweet!!

Good for you for looking for things that make you smile. :)

sarah cool said...

That is too funny about the kid and the gifty. Hahahaha...

speaking of, I have an Easter basket here at work that I need to deliver to my secret sister before I forget!