Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two weeks

Well, it's been an interesting two weeks. Thank you all for your comments, emails, phone calls, and visits. They have been such an encouragement to me. It always amazes me the care that comes out of the woodwork here in the blogosphere (and even more so in real life!). Thank you for those of you who have been praying for me.

I won't really get into a lot of what was going on with me (and still is, though things are getting better), but suffice it to say that I have been feeling more than a little overwhelmed with work and with a whole bunch of stuff coming at me in my personal life all at once, too. That, paired with just the blah-ness and monotony of February, it got a little much.

I've been up to not a whole lot of exciting stuff the last two weeks*... getting priorities re-established, learning a lot about myself, and trying to develop better habits. I've also learned that I have better friends than I even thought I had (and I already knew they were great!). Thanks especially to Trudy, Bex, Sarah, Brad, and Brian for your extra doses of listening, care, and prayers these past few weeks. A gal couldn't ask for better friends!

So I still have more work than I could possibly do, I'm still working on getting (and keeping!) my priorities straight, working on some character stuff, and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck to do about this lil' ol' heart of mine (in the metaphorical sense... my ACTUAL heart is healthy, as far as I know!).

Blogging will probably be fairly sparse for a while yet, but just thought I'd pop on and say hello. Yes, I'm still here!


* Well, that's not entirely true. I was away last weekend with 6 other friends. We rented a "cabin" (it was gigantic!) right on the water in Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island and chilled out there for the weekend. It was glorious. Time spent with good friends, falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the waves, spectacular views, lots of good food and good wine, a few good soaks in the hot tub, long walks on the beach, a crazy dance party, and lots of laughs... I hadn't been that relaxed for a very very long time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!

Welcome back! :)

Niki Devereaux said...

YAY! Glad your back, still praying for you. :)

Paul said...

I am so, so, so, so sorry.

I have thought about commenting, emailing and phone calling (?), though I must admit not quite visiting. Yet rubbish ol' me has failed to find, no make time to do any of that. I've not even managed to thank you for my ecard (for which I am very grateful - thank you so much). I have thought (and worried) about you quite a bit though (statcounter will tell you that).

Jean said...

welcome back friend! :)

Anonymous said...

welcome back!! glad you had a most relaxing weekend away - that's always a good thing :)

nachtwache said...

I'll join the chorus, welcome back! Still keeping you in my prayers. I hope you'll be able to strike some things off your to do list. Enjoy your vacation, it sounds like it will be fun.

leesepea said...

Glad you're back.

Keep working on taking some time for you.

As a fellow teacher, I know we sometimes forget that we are important, too.

Hillary said...

Thanks, all!

Paul, don't worry! I appreciate your thoughts. (hugs) Though really... you could have visited! hehe! London isn't THAT far! ;)

Queen Bee said...

Missed you! I'm going to pretend that I didn't read that you were in Qualicum Beach though, as I would have been all too happy to zip down that way and say hi in person...