Sunday, November 26, 2006

Winter Morning



I took these pictures yesterday morning on my way home from the grocery store. It was such a spectacular morning. They don't seem very fitting now, as the city is blanketed with two inches of snow right now (probably more in other areas)!

Did I mention that I LOVE THE SNOW?!?!?! We don't get very much of it here, but when we do, I turn into a little kid inside, rushing to the window as soon as I wake up to see just how much snow fell overnight. If you could see inside my heart at those moments, you would see a little girl with her nose pressed up against the glass, clapping her hands excitedly and grinning wildly.

It's another perfect morning, sitting here in my fuzzy pink slippers, drinking tea and eating mandarin oranges, watching the flakes fall silently to the ground as another Christmas carol plays from the other room...

You can't hear my happy sigh, but it's there!

5 comments:

Queen Bee said...

Glad YOU like it Hillary. I'm not a snow person, can't drive in it very well (rear wheel drive on a mini van, not a good combination) and now I'm going to miss church :( I'll sit and look out my window instead!

Anonymous said...

it is still snowing ... has been in Burnaby since yesterday afternoon!! This is insane for November. I love it, too, but that may be because I don't have to drive in it :P

Anonymous said...

The pictures are nice.
I feel the same way about the first big snowfall. Except in a manly way, ha,ha..

Dennaliatha said...

Beautiful pics! thanks for posting them. I'm stuck in middle America and have always wanted to live around mountains. I hope the snow doesn't hang around too long

Anonymous said...

You have more talents than I knew of!!!