Thursday, October 19, 2006

Professionally Develloped

Well, interviews are over and I didn't die. Woohoo!

Actually, they weren't too bad. Though yesterday was insane. I got there at 8am, the kids went home at two, and I had interviews for six hours. SIX! I left the school shortly after 8pm. I was asleep by nine. I have not gone to bed that early in.... wow, I don't know when. I slept for TEN hours. I needed it. The night before, I only slept for about four, and one of those four, apparently, was with my forehead on my computer desk. Yeah, I was due for a good sleep.

But I digress.

The next seven days are apparently the week for professional development for me. I have two workshops tomorrow - a provincial pro-d day - in two different locations in the city: one for science, one for PE. Then on Monday I have a day of release time to go be trained in the math program that a few classes at my school are doing as a pilot project. Then Thursday I have yet another workshop after school to learn to use the report card software my district uses. Holy shneikie! AND, in two weeks I have another release day to go take the training for a social skills/conflict resolution program for grade 4 and 5 students.

Yeah, I think that's about good for now, what do you think?

Speaking of professionally develloped (notice how my posts are all on a theme these days?), I have seen this on a few blogs recently, and hoo boy, is it intriguing, maddening, enlightening. As it says in the video, no wonder our view of beauty is so screwed up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through the interviews. Good luck on the upcoming week..

I saw this video once before. I know it will sound like I'm lying but I really liked the way she looked before they started more than the finished look.
She doesn't look human at the end..

Queen Bee said...

Whew!! Glad you made it through the interviews :)

First time I'd seen that video, very interesting. Makes me wonder about the workshops...

Katrina said...

Great video--I would also like to know what's involved in those workshops.