Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gross Negligence

Well. For a near daily blogger a while back, I've been a tad absent the last... oh, MONTH or so. Yikers. I begged ya for comments then ran away (thanks for all the comments, by the way!). Life has gotten a little insane latey, but it's all oh-so-good. Summer is HERE! Here are some snippets from the last little while...

Trip planning: I've spent more time on the computer than I care to admit resarching places to stay, things to do. I have almost all my accomodations booked now, and have learned a few phrases in Italian, like "con vista grande, si possibile, per favore" (with a big view, if possible, please) and that a room is called a camera. I've decided that learning a few phrases like Basta! (enough!) and Non mi tocci (Don't touch me) would also be beneficial. Also in the phrasebook in the "help for women" section: Tu sei disgustoso (you're disgusting), Crepi! (drop dead), and Ho una malattia contagiosa (I have an infectious disease). I guess that would deter someone, now wouldn't it?

Summer School: I've got two classes, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, each with eleven kids. Oh my, it's sooo much easier than last year. I had never done anything like it last year, so spent HOURS after school preparing and trying to figure out what on earth was going on. This year, I already have almost everything planned. There's still stuff to prepare, but not nearly as much. All the better to enjoy the summer by!

Visiting: My very bestest friend in the whole wide world (Rachelle) was up from Iowa with her family visiting this past week, so I got to see her, Nathan, Mattias, and baby X. I love love LOVE it when I get to spend time with them! (DumBlogger isn't letting me post pictures right now, so click here for a picture till I can get it up on my blog)

Fruit: I am addicted to cherries. And peaches. And cherries. And blueberries. And did I mention cherries? (Again, there should be a picture here. Instead it's here. Thanks, Brian, for use of the photo!)

SUMMER FUN: Oh boy. Where do I start... over the last two weekends I have spent so much time outside, at BBQs, hiking (3 times), swimming in the ocean (4 times, woohoo!), hanging out with friends, watching sunsets, seeing fireworks, having great conversations ... it has been absolutely PERFECT. And tonight I went to Bard on the Beach - Vancouver's annual Shakespeare festival performed with the ocean, sky and mountains as a backdrop - with a big gang of people, too. There's a backpacking trip in the works one weekend in July, and hopefully the continuation of the newly formed Sunday tradition of church-lunch-hike-swim-chill with friends. Just what the summer should be, even if I do have to work! Brian, Brad, Kirsten, Vanessa, Rebecca and the rest... you have all made these days what they were! Thank you!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Glad you are still alive and kicking! I thought maybe you were incognito to Europe a tad early...

Anonymous said...

Aren't summers grand..

Anonymous said...

If you are planning a backpacking weekend, I can easily ditch the hubby and tag along! Let me know if you want company :)