Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Candy Swap!

Woohoo! What a great idea! Andrea over at A Peek Inside the Fishbowl is hosting a candy swap. I signed up, cause hey, who doesn't want candy?!?! It's kind of like the "pay it forward" of candy. Person A sends to person B, who sends to person C, who sends to person A. What a fun idea! Head on over to her Candy Swap post if you want to sign up! You've got till June 10, so it's not too late!

Candy Swap Questionnaire

1) When I was a kid, Halloween was all about:
a) collecting as much candy as I could - We'd go trick or treating with a pillow case cause it held more. We'd also scope out the richer neighbourhoods cause we figured they'd have better goods! And sharing? NEVAH! That loot was MINE!
(b) collecting candy to eat as I go
(c) sharing with my siblings
(d) Who cares about candy? I was too busy egging my teacher's car.
(e) Halloween was forbidden in my house and I've never gotten over it. Bring it on!

2) What is more important to you: quality, or quantity?
Ummm, why can't I have both? :-) Well, I guess as a kid it was quantity. Now it's quality. Though really, a little quantity every now and then never hurt anyone. Did I ever tell you how I bought a big box of 100 mini chocolate bars around Halloween one year for my classes? I kept forgetting to take it to school and all of a sudden it was empty! hehehe... WHOOPS!

3) If you were on a desert island (haha, I wrote "dessert island" but that would be a totally different question now wouldn't it?) and could only have one sweet treat, which would it be?
Dark chocolate, orange flavoured, with almonds. Dairy=chocolate, fruit and vegies=orange, protein=nuts. Three outta four ain't bad for a desert island!

4) You arrive at "Dessert Island" – where you discover a river of pudding flowing freely through a swamp of Cool Whip. No one is watching. What do you do?
Stand at the bottom of the pudding waterfall with my mouth open? Well, maybe that would be overkill. Though I WOULD go for a swim. Could you imagine? Doing laps in chocolate pudding? I don't know whether to be delighted or disgusted! ....... no, wait, I'd be delighted! Mmmmm!

5) Sweet, sour, or savoury?
Sweet and savoury are about equal on my scale, I think. Sour is good too, at times. Like sour keys. But I jsut suck off the sour and throw the gummy away - those things are like chewing on an eraser!

6) Sex or chocolate?
I've been told they go together quite well.

7) What kind of candy, if any, would you turn down if someone offered?
Usually anything black liccorice-y. Though I did try these super salty black licorice candies from Holland the other day. I was prepared for horrific, and they were only terrible. (Sorry Kirst!)

8) You're at the grocery store, you're children/husband/pets have been The.Worst.Ever. They're throwing cans at each other, tripping little old ladies, taking bites out of the produce and putting them back in the bins, and piercing the milk bags with diaper pins. You feel yourself getting woozy. That vein in your forehead is throbbing. You need an immediate sugar kick before you do something crazy. What do you reach for?
TRUFFLES! Or perhaps Ferrero Rochers. Or Hedgehogs. All of the above.

9) What are your feelings regarding Thrills gum, ribbon candy, scotch mints, and other "grandma candies"?
Meh, if they're the only thing offered, I'll take 'em, but I think there are better options out there! Though my grandma always had yummy candies, like those hard candies where the wrapper was made to look like a strawberry.

10) How adventurous are you? Do spicy dried mealworms or candy-coated crickets give you the willies, or are you willing to try anything once?
I'm not so much about the crickets.

11) Do you have dentures or other dental issues? Do you have a good dental plan?
Yesirree, bob! Bring on the sweets!

Oh. Um, that enthusiastic yes was about the dental plan, not the dentures. Though it WOULD be kinda fun to pop your teeth in and out. Think of how much fun I could have with my students if I could do THAT trick!

Now it's YOUR turn: Answer any of the questions above, or tell me, what's your favourite type of candy/chocolate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good answers.
My favorite candy is chocolate covered almonds. Anything with almonds actually. As long as they have chocolate on them, tee,hee..

Queen Bee said...

Yay, thanks for the post, Hillary! I have the honour of sending to you :) Across the big water (aka Georgia Strait). Can you send me an email with your address? Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite candy (since I was a kid) has to be Milk Duds.

However, I am very partial to the Ghirardelli chocolates with raspberry filling. Mmmmm..

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary -
I didn't receive a reply to my email to you. Please let me know if you've sent your package. Thanks!