Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sound and Light

My church rocks! There is a very vibrant arts community at my church, and this weekend is our first "Sound and Light Arts Festival." There was everything from original music, visual art, and photography to a documentary, purses created and made by a fashion designer, writing, and spoken word performances. It was amazing! There was even a whole wall of art by kids. Even their pieces were beautiful! How fabulous to include the kids at our church in this kind of thing. They can come and see their work up on the wall displayed beside adult's work. It's so empowering! Anyway, I love it that my church embraces it's diversity and recognized the amazing talents of the members of the community! I want to go again tomorrow, and maybe Sunday: they have a totally different program every night. We'll have to see how that goes.

No comments: