Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What goes up must come down

Bah. Humbug.

Well what was looking like a really great week has now almost completely fallen through. Super. The hike yesterday was great, but I woke up this morning with a VERY sore heel. I can't walk on it, so I"m gimping around on the ball of my foot to try to walk. This morning, I thought I would still do the waterslides, but maybe not do the hike on Wednesday. I really want to go to Black Tusk, so I want to give my heel some time to recouperate.

Well, I rushed off to meet everybody for the waterslides, and it was only K (the one who organized the day) and me. She figured we should just cancel and go another time. MY hesitation (as the young adults socials co-ordinator) was that we had sent it out on the mailing list, which made it an official event and invited tons of people who may or may not show up, so if anyone decides to come later (we said we'd be there till 8:00pm), there's not gonna be anyone there. Not good. So we hummed and hawed, and she decided that she had to get a bucnh of stuff done, and figured no one would be coming (ah the joys of planning events when people are very non-committal). So. No waterslides.

Tomorrow, like I said, I probably won't do the hike cause of my heel.

And kayaking Thursday? Lots of enthusiasm and people who say they want to go, but no commitments yet. I'm not counting on that one either.

*SIGH*

No comments: