Saturday, April 23, 2005

In a bloggin' mood

Perhaps it's cause I have a mondo load of stuff to get done here at home tonight, but I think I'm in a typing mood.

Lots has been rolling around in my head lately. The biggest one is that I'm wondering if I will need to move in the next while. I really don't want to. I love my place, and my landlords are AWESOME. I really feel like it's a friendly neighbourhood around here. Chris and Michelle upstairs, of course. Liz accross the way, and Meta and Reinhardt, Julie and Sean, Christine and her son Desmond, etc... I've been here for over two and a half years. I can't believe it! It's really strange, cause this place feels more like home now than my parent's house. I'm settled here, I'm happy here.

Except.

Well, money is one thing. I live on my own, and so it's expensive. I keep thinking there's so many other things I could do with an extra 3 or 400 dollars a month. (Like buy a new car! My parents actually PHONED me yesterday cause they saw a car like mine dead on the side of the highway and so they called me to see if it was mine! You know it's bad when..... But I digress...)

The money is kind of a secondary issue, though. The main issue that would lead to me moving is something that I've been stewing on for a while.

I think I need to live with another person.

I'm getting far too used to doing things my own way. Honestly, I worry about what I'll be like when I get married (one day, hopefully sooner than later!). I'm so used to doing my own thing, not having to compomise with anyone, not having to work things out. I don't think it's healthy. I worry that I'm becoming too selfish.

But every time I think about moving, I wonder who I'd live with. I think of what a pain it will be to move this time. This is no college-style put-all-my-stuff-in-mom-and-dad's-van. It would be a pain. And so I'm torn. Stay here or look for another place? What to do, what to do?

No comments: