Saturday, March 12, 2005

Turning over a new leaf

So it's ben a while since I've blogged... I've just kind of been in survival mode. The past few weeks have been kinda rough. I've come to the proverbial brick wall with all the stuff I'm involved in, and have finally made some changes. Coming to the brick wall during the two weeks of report card insanity probably didn't help my stress level much! When it rains it pours, I guess.

I suppose you could say this is the season of paring down. I've taken a large step back from leadership in my small group, and at the beginning of May will be done completely. I'm not taking on any more responsibilities at church, and I'm going to look for ways to make the things I *am* involved on less reliant on me alone.

I'm also paring down and cleaning up at home. I have gotten rid of so much stuff it's unbeleiveable! I have SO much more stuff now than when I first moved in here (as a university student - with my collapsable couch from Superstore and purple inflatable couch from my aunt!) and so as I accumulated stuff over the few years I've been here, I didn't have a system in place for keeping it all together and ORGANIZED. It was driving me crazy, and actually having an effect on my mood and the way I lived my life (don't get me wrong, it was nothing like on those organizing shows, but still!). So... purge purge purge! Clothes, dishes, knick nacks, paper galore... it's all being ruthlessly sorted through. I have to say, it feels sooo much better, and I'm AMAZED at how much space I actually have! Yay!

Now, the sun is out, spring is here, my life feels more ordered and so does my house, I'm going on holidays to see my best friends and their new baby in Iowa next week, and I'm finally starting to feel like me again. It's been a long time. It feels good!

No comments: