Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Well now, THAT'S a first!

Man, you just never know!

I was at Resonate last night, our church's young adults meeting. I do the announcements and send out the mass emails, so often people know me better than I know them (or at least they know my face and my name!). There are lots of people I have those "in the lobby after church/after Resonate" conversations with - you know the kind: "Hey, how are you, how was your week," stuff like that. Small talk. It's kind of fun, cuase I get to know lots of people that way. Like J. J came up last night after Resonate to say hey, how are ya, that kind of thing. I'd talked to him a few times - maybe 3 or 4? - in the lobby. I don't know him very well at all. Two or three of those times I had to ask him is name cause I kept forgetting! :( Anyway, he then proceeds to tell me that I've been popping into his thoughts a lot lately, and would I mind giving him my number and going out sometime?

Woah!!!

It was all I could do not to fall over from surprise! It's funny, cause he had never even "entered the radar" (arg, what an awful expression!). I thought, ah, why not? So we were talking for a bit with another guy, and then I went to help with the clean-up. J came to help, too, and then asked if I wanted to do somthing that night, like coffee or dessert or something. It wasn't too terribly late, so again I thought, hey, why not? We went out and talked for maybe an hour and a half or so. He even won me a purple stuffie dog from one of those "insert-a-quarter-to-guide-the-claw-to-the-stuffie-you-want-and-hope-it-picks-it-up" thingies. (ha ha, it felt like I was at the PNE or something!) He definitely made no secret of the fact that he's interested and wants to get to know me!

I'm not saying all this to be like, "Ooh, ooh, look at me," it's more like I'm in total shock! :P I don't know what to think or to do about it. It's not like I was interested in him before and he's finally asked me out! He just litterally tapped me on the shoulder and asked for my number! I have no idea how I feel about him. I don't know him! Very surreal. I guess we'll hang out a bit and get to know eachother.

Wacky!

No comments: