Wednesday, February 23, 2005

100 Things About Me

1. I don’t know if I can come up with 100 things!
2. I like orange juice
3. It IS possible to overdose on chocolate
4. That happens to me around Halloween every year!
5. But boy it takes a lot for that to happen
6. I’m a very optimistic person (most of the time!)
7. Sometimes I drive my friends crazy trying to see the good in things
8. Sometimes I do dumb things
9. Often I do dumb things
10. I guess that depends on who you ask!
11. I like to be silly
12. I do a mean monkey noise
13. I have pulled out all the nails on the Capilano Suspension Bridge
14. I love kayaking
15. I majored in French at UBC
16. I have lived up north in town of less than 5000 that is 2 hours from any other town
17. I have skied in minus 35 degree weather
18. I have had to keep my face moving so my balaclava/ice shield didn’t freeze to my cheeks
19. I have had a student unhappy with his quiz mark so he ATE his quiz
20. Oh yeah, I am a teacher!
21. I did Elementary Education at UBC
22. I specialized in teaching French as a second language/French Immersion
23. I now teach music grade 5 grade 1/2
24. I lose my voice constantly!
25. I teach taught music K-7 in French and in English for three years
26. I am SOO grateful for my job (hmm… most days!)
27. God dropped my job in my lap two weeks into my first year of teaching!
28. This is my second third fourth fifth year of teaching
29. I played the clarinet from grade 5 to first year uni
30. I played the alto sax in jazz band at high school
31. I was in a marching band for about 6 years
32. I have had a dog named Lucy :(
33. She lived at my parent’s place, but she was still “my” dog!
34. I have a brother and a sister
35. I have six toes on my left foot
36. Just kidding (is that cheating?)
37. I like country music
38. I like most other music, too!
39. I once slept through a car accident when I was a baby
40. I once ate a slug
41. That was a loooooong time ago, ok?!!?
42. I have been a Christian since before I remember
43. My faith became my own at summer camp when I was 14
44. I love summer camp!!!
45. I’ve gone every summer until 2002 (as both camper and staff) since I was 8, except for 2000.
46. I’m 26 27 28
47. I share my birthday with a day dedicated to rodents! *sigh*
48. I love the movie Amelie
49. “Sometimes I’m clueless and I’m clumsy”
50. “But I’ve got friends who love me”
51. I’m running out of ideas
52. I like to wear silly socks
53. I have socks with monkey, duck, and frog pom poms on them
54. I am inspired by nature
55. I think that sounds cheesy
56. Creation puts me in awe of God
57. I love the ocean
58. Being land locked is not a good situation for me!
59. I have to drive to the beach from where I live now, it drives me crazy
60. It’s not a long trip
61. (ha ha… the trip to the beach OR the trip to crazy!)
62. I LOVE my church
63. I went there as a kid
64. We changed churches when I was in grade 4, now I’ve been back for about 4 5 6 years
65. My PARENTS went there as kids
66. I’m excited to see what God has planned for me!
67. I hope I’m awake/obedient enough to know and do it
68. I need to learn to slow down
69. When I was in grade 6 I protested the Gulf War
70. I forgot to tell my parents I wasn’t going to be home after school
71. My dad found me leading a chant: “What the hell do we want? (peace!) When the hell do we want it (now!)”
72. He didn’t get mad, just talked to me about inappropriate language
73. That was the last of my “activism” attempts!
74. I tend to do things that get me teased/harassed/bugged by my parents and/or friends
75. It’s OK, though, I can definitely laugh at myself! (Most of the time it IS pretty funny!)
76. I like to tell stories
77. I love taking pictures
78. I want to take a photography course
79. On a two week road trip around the Maritimes, my dad and I took 14 rolls of film!
80. Thankfully I now have a digital camera!
81. I am very grateful for my family
82. My parents are awesome
83. It’s pretty clear pretty quick that I’m a pretty wacky person
84. I like to have fun
85. When friends who have known me a while meet my dad, they always go, “AHHH! Now I understand!”
86. Seriously! That happens all the time!
87. I once put a cat in the fridge (again, a loooong time ago!)
88. I thought it wanted to be alone
89. I don’t know if I’m going to be a teacher forever
90. I could eat a big container of yogurt in one sitting
91. Me and some co-workers once measured our mouths (yes, we were very bored at work one day!)
92. My mouth was 40% bigger than anyone else’s (3.5 inces compared to 2.5!)
93. My friends all laughed their heads off saying that now they had scientific proof for what they had been telling me all along!
94. So I like to talk! So what?!?!
95. I think I’d like to try skydiving one day and learn to scuba dive. Not at the same time.
96. I once repelled down a cliff in order to pull weeds
97. “I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life!”
98. My favourite colours are blue and green (they reflect the outdoors!)
99. My goal: To know God, to glorify Him, and to share Him with others
100. With regards to my goal… boy, am I ever grateful for GRACE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many Alexander Kieths does an open hand bring?
SIgned secret admirer...and bad typist

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Great list. You are so strange (kidding)..

Anonymous said...

I've got you beat- I'm from that small town in number 16!

Anonymous said...

I looove Amelie too! And...you really freaked me out with that toe thing for a second!

Buffy said...

You did not eat a slug.

Did you?