Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wednesdays suck!

I hate Wednesdays. Or more specifically, Wednesday afternoons. I have the two most challenging classes in the whole school back to back, right after lunch: the French Kindergarten class, and an english grade 6 class. They're insane. The K's are awfully cute, but there about about 6 firecrackers in that class who have NO CONCEPT that there are any other human beings on the planet other than them! No I know, I know, they're only 5, they're supposed to be that way... but not like this. This is so beyond normal it's scary. For example. One boy goes to the bathroom (bathroom breaks are a whole 'nother issue!) with his buddy and when he comes back, the class is in the middle of a song. Half the class is sitting in a circle singing, one student is in the middle playing the tambourine, and the rest are dancing around the outside of the circle. Can we say, MUSIC CLASS IN PROGRESS. This boy comes in, goes straight to another student, starts yelling at him for something, and they start a punching match!!! Now while I go over and deal with that, the other 4 or 5 firecrackers start up. AAAHHHH! Then there's the grade 6 class. There are so many kids in the class with legit issues - major major ADHD and no longer on meds, psychological problems, zero impulse control, etc etc etc.... - and then those who are just acting up. ARG! I won't even go into the ridiculousness I dealt with today. I still have one class after them who by comparison aren't that bad, but still a challenge. I end up every Wednesday feeling like my head is going to explode! It's ridiculous. Ridiculous, I tell you!

OK, so yeah, I'm ranting and raving a lot here. Sorry 'bout that. I just got home and have to get it out before my Bible study gets here... my poor friends, they always get the brunt of it, cause they're here every Wednesday!

AH, but I LOVE Thursdays. Take Wednesday, think the total opposite, and you have Thursday. Sweet Thursday. Glorious Thrusday. Then there's only 4 hours on Friday and the weekend! AAAHHH. I"m relaxing already.

PS. I really do enjoy my job, most of the time! Even Wednesday mornings! They're fine. You're jsut catching me venting. By the time you're reading this, I'm over it, and have moved on to brighter and happier things! Unless of course you're reading this after school on a Wednesday! :P

No comments: